Sunday wrap: No wonder Americans are cynical about politics – The Washington Post
Who said it?
1. “I am not going to continue to let politicians use [Donald Trump] as the excuse to deal with racism in this country. We’ve got to stop making this about who’s a Republican, who’s a Democrat. I want to know who’s a humanitarian.”
2. “It’s really a matter of whether you can effectively lead … and when you have somebody facing multiple, credible accusations, I just don’t see how he can continue to serve.”
3. “You can’t run a credible investigation if you don’t look for documentary proof.”
4. “I support an investigation into the allegations against Fairfax, and if they are true then I think he has no other choice but to resign.”
5. “The bottom line is that we’ve got people who aren’t bomb throwers, they’re people who know how to work together and get a deal,”
Answers are: 1. Here, 2. here, 3. here, 4. here and 5. here.
The Post’s View: The allegations against Justin Fairfax are grave. They must be investigated.
Karen Tumulty: Democrats rallied around Christine Blasey Ford. Will they do the same with Vanessa Tyson?
Jennifer Rubin: What Virginia’s scandals tell us
Megan McArdle: We need a single standard for Ralph Northam, Justin Fairfax — and all the others
Jonathan Capehart: The man who could be governor. Who is Justin Fairfax?