Seguin ISD approves projects for $64.7 million in school building bonds – WOAI
SAN ANTONIO — The Seguin Independent School District Board of Trustees unanimously approved a bond election order that is for the consideration of $64.7 million in school building bonds.
Seguin ISD said the proposition is for the consideration of $64.7 million in school building bonds with a tax increase not projected to exceed $0.05 per $100 assessed home valuation. The bond election is ordered for May 4.
The bond package projects were recommended by a facilities committee that reviewed facility needs, prioritized them and shared their findings with the school board during the time frame of February 2018 through January 2019.
Seguin ISD said the recommendation serves as the first step toward addressing aging facilities and infrastructure.
Here is the list of the plan that the bonds will be used primarily for:
1. $ 39,000,000 – AJ Briesemeister Middle School renovation on the current campus site – including infill, parking and drives
2. $ 17,300,000 – Matador Stadium rebuild at the current Matador Stadium site(no new/additional scoreboard will be included)
3. $ 3,900,000 – Jefferson Elementary School partial renovation of South building
4. $ 1,800,000 – Outdoor ADA playscapes, multi sensory play areas and shade canopies for all Seguin ISD elementary schools (Jefferson, Koennecke, McQueeney, Patlan, Rodriguez, Vogel and Weinert)
5. $ 1,000,000 – Land purchase to replace McQueeney Elementary
6. $ 1,700,000 – Various campus Improvements – including drainage, HVAC, plumbing and furniture.